Friday 22 October 2010

I had a tutorial with Claire this morning. She seemed to really like what I'd done but suggested I need to keep drawing, be experimental, and work BIG. Although I hate working big, I've never worked big. I'll give it a go. At least A4.

Claire also seemed to really like Great Grandma Louisa's Face. It really does have a lot of character. And she does look genuinely terrifying. I'm sure she was lovely. I'll ask dad.
She also suggested I write down all of the stories I have about my family.
Its only really when you look at photos and tell the stories to someone else that you realise just how much there is to know about the life of one person. And even then i only know the anecdotes, not their life story.

Here's one; My Uncle Norman used to fit glass eyes in India in WW2. He used to sit my down and show me the little box of them as a child. And there was always murray mints.

I wonder where those Glass eyes are now?
Someone must have them, surely they won't have been house clearance-d. Perhaps his son Trevor has them?







No comments:

Post a Comment